Lockwell Security takes the privacy of its users seriously. Generally, you can browse through our website without giving us any information about yourself (including your email address). When we do need your personal information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, this policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
- The data we collect from you includes the following:
- When you when you contact us, we will request information such as your name, private/business email, invoice and site address/es, telephone or mobile number and credit card information to help us provide a service to you.
- When you visit our website, we may collect and process information about your usage of these by using “cookies” and other similar technologies to help us make improvements to the websites and to the services we make available. Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
- We will use the information for purposes that include:
- Verify your identity when you use our services or contact us.
- Process any enquiries.
- Recover any monies you may owe to us for using our services.
- Analyse our services with the aim of improving them.
- If you have agreed, we will provide you with information about our other services, offers or products that you may be interested in.
Your personal data will be kept secure, accurate and up to date with appropriate technical and organisational methods used to ensure the integrity of the data we hold and to prevent it being accidentally lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All personal data you provide to us is stored on our secure computer or locked filing cabinet.
- We may share information with organisations outside of Lockwell Security Limited:
- In response to properly made requests from law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of a crime.
- With a company who is assisting in providing a service to you.
- In response to properly made requests from regulatory bodies such as the Information Commissioners Office and Ofcom.
- As part of current or future legal proceedings.
- For the purpose of safeguarding national security or when the law requires us to, such as in response to a court order or other lawful demand or powers contained in legislation.
Where we share information with other parties who help us provide the services, they are required to follow our express instructions in respect of the use of your personal information and they must comply with the requirements of the GDPR and any other relevant legislation to protect your information and keep it secure.
- How long will we hold information?
The time period that we will keep information will vary depending on what the information is used for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to the contrary, we will keep information in a form which permits identification of data subjects only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which we process it. Once the requirement to hold the data is complete, appropriate measures will be taken to delete the data in line with the terms of the GDPR.
Paperwork is available before being archived for 7 years to comply with HMRC requirements.
When you contact us we may monitor and record your communications with us to use this information for training and quality purposes, and to meet our legal and regulatory requirements. Where we store emails, these are only held for a limited period of time before we delete them permanently. Typically this will be 6 years for contract-related emails and 1 year for all other emails. We will continue to hold information about you if you terminate our services. This information will only be held for such periods as is necessary for the purpose of dealing with enquiries, complying with any legal obligation and for crime and fraud prevention and detection.
- Data subject access request
Under the GDPR, a data subject has a right to request a record of the data held about him/her. To do this a request should be submitted in writing to Lockwell Security Ltd 42 New House Lane, Canterbury, Kent CT4 7BH
We may ask the data subject to provide us with proof of identity to make sure we are giving information to the right person.
To help us process requests we will need the following information:
- Invoice number/s
- Telephone number/s
- Date and time (if requesting information about a call)
- Marketing Preferences
If you have agreed to us contacting you, we will contact you with details of products and services that we believe you may be interested in.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser options so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the website will not function properly if you disable cookies.
- Protecting information
We take protecting data seriously, and through appropriate organisational and technical security measures we will do our utmost to protect against unauthorised disclosure or processing. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the security of transmitting information via the internet. We have tried to create a secure and reliable service but we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the internet.
Where any data breach is identified that affects the information that we hold about or have processed from you, we will notify you immediately and provide full information about the personal data affected by this breach. We will take all appropriate steps to restore any personal data which is lost or corrupted as a result of a data breach where we are at fault.
If you identify any data breach on your network that affects data we have passed to you, you must notify us in writing immediately and provide full information about the data affected by this breach. You have an obligation to take all appropriate steps, at the fastest possible speed, to restore all personal data which is lost or corrupted due to a data breach on your network.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions about privacy issues or want us to amend information, please contact us either by email on email@example.com or by post at Lockwell Security Ltd, 42 New House Lane, Canterbury, Kent, CT4